Next month, the Governing Board of the Committee to End Homelessness in
King County (CEHKC) will meet to further discuss the viability of
solutions to end homelessness. This may be the penultimate meeting to
convince the Board that homeless encampments are worthy of CEHKC
a coalition of homeless advocacy organizations that includes
Nickelsville, needs your help to send this message. Show your support
More information will be posted to the Nickelsville Facebook page or the Occupy CEHKC in the next week.
- Joining our Sleep Out in a city park (TBA) the evening of Tuesday, July 22nd. Dinner and activities will be provided and security shifts are assigned throughout the evening.
- Marching to the CEHKC Governing Board Meeting the next morning (Wednesday, July 23rd) to voice your support for homeless encampments in King County.
Stop by Sunday, July 20th to support Nickelsville by eating pie and voting your favorite! The event will be hosted by La Marzocco USA (1553 NW Ballard Way) from 1:30-4:30p.
Admission is free, but votes can be purchased and all proceeds will be given to the Nickelsville camps to help them pay off their Honey Buckets.
See the attached flyer for more details.
To enter a pie
please fill out this quick form
Questions? Want to volunteer or donate prizes? Email Angela: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Nickelsville while finding some great deals! We will be hosting a yard sale from 10a-4:00p and selling hot dogs in the parking lot of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, right next to our encampment on 22nd and E Union St in Capitol Hill.
Donations for the yard sale are gladly accepted the day before at the site on 22nd and E Union St. No large furniture or large appliances, please.
We will gladly accept donations of:
- kitchen ware
- gardening/yard tools
- tents and tarps
- sports equipment
- outdoor equipment
- small furniture in good condition
- working electronics
- small kitchen appliances
- baby gear
- other items in good condition
We will continue clean-up efforts at the E Union camp (22nd and E Union St in Capitol Hill) this Saturday, May 10th and welcome volunteers starting at 10 a.m. If possible, bring a pair of work of gardening gloves to wear.
Thanks for your support!
The Nickelsville tent city camp at 1415 22nd Ave (and E Union) is dedicating an entire day this Saturday to cleaning up their camp.
- Stop by for an hour or stay all day -- we need all the help we can get.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty :)
- Bonus points: Bring any large, airtight food storage containers you can spare (jars, food safe plastic containers, etc.)
Please RSVP to Angela at email@example.com if you can make it. Feel free to stop by anytime to help -- even if you weren't able to RSVP.
The Nickelsville yard sale and hot dog roast scheduled for May 3rd has been postponed. Stay tuned for an updated date!
If you have donations that you were hoping to drop off on May 2nd, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see if we can arrange storage for your donated items.
online meal sign up is now updated. Sign up to provide breakfast, lunch
or dinner for one of our camps in just a few quick steps:
1. Go to http://www.takethemameal.com/
2. Enter the log-in information for the camp you would like to bring a meal to:
2020 S Jackson camp:
last name: Nickelsville
22nd & Union camp:
last name: Nickelsville
2. Pick a day and sign up!
outdoors for a night in solidarity with the homeless community! On
Tuesday, April 22 we will be camping out in Westlake Center to raise
awareness for the issues surrounding homelessness in coalition with S.A.F.E., S.H.A.R.E. and the Transit Riders Union.
More information is available on the OCCUPY CEHKC website: http://occupycehkc.org/2014/04/
Items being accepted for donation:
you calendars! Nickelsville will be hosting a yard sale and hot dog
roast at 10:00a on Saturday, May 3rd in the parking lot of the Lutheran
Church of the Good Shepherd on 22nd and E Union St.
Donations for the yard sale accepted on Friday, May 2nd at the yard sale site:
Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd
2116 E Union St, Seattle, WA 98122We are not accepting donations of large appliances or furniture. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- toasters, coffee makers, food processors, and other small appliances (ovens, dishwashers, or other large appliances)
- small TV's in working condition
- working bikes
- small electronics
- hand and power tools
- jewelry (real or costume)
- dishes, pots & pans, and utensils
- sports gear and outdoor equipment